Monday 1 February 2010

Cloister Colour


Recording a place, standing in one location and capturing as many elements as possible.

Playing on the sense: Sight, sound, feeling

My location was a rather beautiful baron Abbey Cloister which I observed whilst working at a family Halloween event. My piece stems mainly from the fact that this historical building was being completely over run by small children in bright costumes.


Untitled from Joanna Cranwell on Vimeo.



My short animation is aiming to represent the contrast between two with the bright balls representing the figures of the children (almost as if they were balls of energy.) I wanted to use rich sound effects to increase the atmosphere and also found a lovely musical track to place over the top, courtesy of Florence + the Machine- Bird Song Intro.

This is a work in progress and the project was very much about the idea being documented as rapidly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment