Wednesday 8 February 2012

Hollywood Vanity

I quite simply love everything about the Vanity Fair Hollywood covers. These three in particular are my favourites. I adore the colours, , the set-ups, the dresses, the actresses! To me they don't embody anything particularly meaningful, except a snapshot of Hollywood glamour over the years.







As a huge film fan I thoroughly enjoy perusing these whose-who photoshoots and what I find special is that each of the actresses are considered impressive in their field. They aren't just pretty faces, but rising stars in some extremely powerful and rather unglamorous roles.
Elizabeth Olson in 'Martha Marcy May Marlene' and Jennifer Lawrence in 'Winter's Bone' are prime examples of career making performances.

It is also satisfying to see a couple of Brits grace the cover every year (Felicity Jones, Carey Mulligan and Emily Blunt have been present over the past few editions.)

I can't predict who will come next year but I do know the spreads will continue to display that gorgeous finish and display an array of dresses to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment